Ligatus at Dmexco 2017
We thought last year had been great for Ligatus, but we were wrong. #dmexco17 has been by far the best yet!
For those who have not been able to travel to Cologne for the digital marketing gathering of the year, here is a summary of the conversations and announcements that have punctuated the day to day of the International Ligatus Team across the Rhine.
It all starts with all of us having the same vision.
Arriving from many different locations, our local and international teams gathered around at our stand - where we shared space with our Bertelsmann sister companies at what is the biggest exhibitor stand (over 900 sq meters) - to meet and greet with partners, clients and visitors. Many discussions took place around all the hot topics surrounding Native Advertising: ad quality, brand safety, good user experience and transparency. We also showcased why Ligatus is the best option when looking for the most qualitative native advertising solutions.
To end an exciting and successful first day, we threw an amazing and fun stand party, where our team and guests celebrated together with cocktails, food, music and fun!
Sharing our Expertise
Alex McIlvenny, our Country Manager for Ligatus UK, gave a keynote on the “Best practices for buying Programmatic Native”. Since the launch of our programmatic offer for more than a year now, we are now connected with major DSPs and so we wanted to share our learnings and the expertise we’ve gained. So here is Ligatus’ advice when buying programmatic native:
- Quality: ensure your partner audits their entire stack, constantly, both on demand and supply.
- Content: your ads and landing pages need to be truthful, genuine and authentic.
- Targeting: do not overload the potential delivery by putting too much information and detail in the set up.
- Questions: just ask! Don’t ever be afraid to ask stupid questions! We’re all still learning.
Some other fun facts:
- More than 1000 people from 15 different countries came to our booth.
- Hundreds of business cards were exchanged between visitors, clients and partners.
- It’s a great workout: more than 16000 steps in a day!
- About 5000 beers were distributed at our stand party, including thousands of pieces of finger food!
There were many talks all around about the upcoming GDPR, brand safety, mobile monetization, semantic targeting, AI. Topics which are of paramount importance to Ligatus. Each reminding us what needs to be considered as we develop our products and features to offer our clients and partners the most noteworthy and qualitative native advertising solutions.
Thank you for coming to meet and greet us, we hope you have enjoyed it as much as we did! Until next time.
If you need advice or more information on our native advertising solutions, contact us.